Most dental emergencies occur when we least expect them and often outside of business hours. At ZM Dental in Tampa, FL 33618, we offer emergency services and try to squeeze you into our schedules as quickly as possible. Whether you need an emergency root canal, a filling, or relief for abscess pain, our team will provide the appropriate care for your condition.
Get Immediate Emergency Dental Care
A severe toothache, have had a filling or tooth knocked out, root damage, bit your tongue which is bleeding, have an infection, all these conditions may require prompt dental care. A dental emergency must always be dealt with on time. Do not take any chances, as doing so may lead to further complications and more expensive treatments. We will try to get you in our offices within a few hours of the start of your emergency to save your teeth.
What to Do In Dental Emergencies?
If a tooth comes off loose or is knocked out, it should get taken care of immediately. We suggest following these steps:
- Handle the tooth by the crown area
- Rinse the missing tooth gently and wash away any debris
- If possible, place the tooth or crown carefully back into the socket to prevent the roots from drying out
- Alternately, place the tooth in a small milk container and bring it to your emergency appointment to make sure your tooth doesn't get misplaced.
- Place clean gauze in the socket and press down gently to stop the bleeding.
- Seek emergency dental care at the earliest
Broken teeth also referred to as tooth fractures, are a typical emergency. If you have broken or chipped any of your teeth, then:
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with clean water
- Place an ice compress against the fractured tooth to help reduce swelling
- Place any broken or chipped pieces of tooth in a small container of milk and bring them to our office
More often, a toothache is the result of an infected tooth. Symptoms include:
- Tooth pain that may quickly become severe
- Swelling and bleeding of the gums around the affected tooth
- Pus or abscess on the gums
If you notice the above symptoms, schedule an immediate appointment for professional care.
Soft Tissue Injury
Follow these measures before making your way to our emergency dental services:
- If you have bleeding, rinse your mouth with saltwater
- Place gauze on the affected area and apply gentle pressure to control bleeding
- Schedule an emergency appointment
Loose Adult Teeth
If you have a loose adult tooth, take these precautions:
- Avoid chewing ice or using dental floss as it could make the tooth fall out
- If the tooth has come out, keep it in a milk container and bring it to our office.
In case of a dental emergency, visit our ZM Dental office at 14502 N Dale Mabry Hwy #102, Tampa, FL 33618. You can also reach Dentist in Tampa, FL at (813) 513-5045 and schedule an appointment.